Tuesday, December 09, 2008

First Presidency Christmas Devotional

Can we just say...we love blogging!
Because of this blog we have met some amazing people.

One of those people is this gal, who is an adoptee, so that's awesome.

Not only that, but she gave us the best tickets EVER to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional!

Only eight rows away from the prophet and his two counselors.

Well, we were sitting there (30 minutes early like we're supposed to) and playing scrabble on my Pocket PC, when someone sits next to us and tells us they lost their tickets and were told they could sit there.

Honestly, I barely even looked up because I was kicking Ron's butt at scrabble and wanted to kick it further.

A few seconds passed and I realized who was sitting next to us. (classic)


(photo not taken by me)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks and his wife!!!
What a pleasure to sit by this sweet couple! Of course we told them we're adopting a baby this Christmas. They're so excited for us!

6 comments:

  1. See, I didn't need to blog because you guys did it (o: Glad you enjoyed yourself! I'd never met Sister Oaks before; I almost came back and had you introduce me (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! What a great experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chilly,
    You totally should have come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHH! Totally awesome! Stuff like that never happens here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! that is so something I would do, play Scrabble instead of chatting w/ Elder Oaks. :D (except Russ and I play Yahtzee.) I sort of freeze in the presence of GAs though. Elder Holland came to a Christmas party when I worked at the COB and sat right next to me, so I just ate my food and tried not to spill it all over myself and didn't say a word until he left.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts