Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Outrage in Texas


According to MSNBC, a new bill that just passed the Texas House of Representatives will require that for all Adoption placements from the last 2 years be investigated. Texas House bill 40108 will require that all birth fathers be searched for and offered the chance to parent their children. This comes on the heels of a ruling by Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson that the state's Putative Father Registry is unconstitutional. "It is unfair that a birth mother can go behind these men's backs and place these poor children against the real father's wishes." Texas Governor Rick Perry said,
"it is important to give these children the chance to be reunited with their real fathers. It has long been known that Natural parents are better equipped to meet their childrens' needs. I urge the senate to speedily pass this bill."
Please contact your local elected officials as soon as you can to let them know you don't want Texas House Bill 40108 repeated in your state. For a listing of legislators in your district, click here. For information on how to protect your family click here.

6 comments:

  1. In case you didn't click any of the links, APRIL FOOLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much almost had me going! Ha ha! Your tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think this was very funny--too sensitive of a topic I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL--I was sitting here thinking "well, we're safe! and ldsfs researches birthfathers pretty extensively before placing a baby, so I was thinking, my friends are safe!"

    Totally had me going.

    I couldn't think of a single April Fool's jokes today. My Mom was so great at them. I stink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, it's not totally unthinkable that such a law could be put into existence, although I doubt it would start in Texas...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts