Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Six Things Everyone Should Accomplish Before They Turn 18

I was tagged by Urban Koda. I've never been tagged before. It's kind of a wierd feeling, but here goes.
  1. Making Choices- They don't have to start out tough. To start with it could be something as simple as "Do you want to wear the red shirt or the blue shirt today? Then the choices would gradually move up to more difficult ones like "Are you going to work your scheduled shift tonight or are you going to blow it off to party with your friends."
  2. Facing the Consequences of Those Choices- When you're broke because you lost your job and now you NEED money for the dance, I hope your parents say, "No." and don't simply hand over the cash. You made a choice to do something that jeapordized your job and now not having money is the consequense.
  3. Disappointment- It's important to learn strategies for coping with disappointment, because she's going to be your constant companion. Your girl/boyfriend dumps you. Somebody else gets the promotion at work you were hoping for. You can't have children..... It's when we learn and grow from our disappointments that we become better, stronger people.
  4. Challenging your Faith- Sheep follow their shepherd. Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd." I think that's important. He didn't say that Thomas S. Monson, or Charles Taze Russel, or the Pope, or your parents are the good shepherd, He said "I". And HE is the one you can go through (prayer) to find out if you're on the correct spiritual path. But make sure you do it for the right reasons. Do if because you want to get closer to Jesus, not because you find that the spiritual path you're on is inconvenient. Just because a commandment from the LORD is inconvenient to you does not mean it's NOT from him.
  5. Hard Work- Let's face it, we will spend the rest of our lives working. It takes work to hold down a good job. You don't need a work ethic if you plan to flip burgers at a different place each week but to actually make a living requires you to do work, so learn it early.
  6. Yellowstone or Yosemite- The most beautiful places on earth. It is amazing all of the things that our GOD has created for us.

Kathryn, Kim, Gatsby, Carly, and Patrik, TAG. You're It!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Job - It was my first tagging experience too.

    I was thinking I might collect some of these, up and down the chain, and let me kids read them when they hit their teenage years... Hopefully it will inpire them to live their teenage years more fully!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts