
Well, the Chinese were right!
We are VERY surprised!
And it was VERY soon; one month exactly.
The couple that was chosen last week has backed out of the adoption.
They decided they didn't really want to have once a year visits with the birthmother.
The agency caseworker called us yesterday morning.
She asked us if we still wanted to adopt.
She asked if visits are still ok with us.
She means REALLY ok with us.
She told us how the birthmother had a hard time deciding which couple to choose.
Now she feels like she made a mistake and hopes we don't feel like the second choice.
We don't!
Then the caseworker told us they had a dinner meeting planned with the other couple at 5:45...and would we be able to go?
Heck yeah!
We had a great dinner meeting with her and her mom.
We are officially matched (Oct. 29th on the paperwork, one of the "lucky numbers" on our fortune)!
Baby boy due this Christmas.
A Christmas Miracle.
Please don't stop praying for us yet.
But save a prayer for
our angel birthmother who just wants her baby to have a better life.
But save a prayer for
our angel birthmother who just wants her baby to have a better life.
And if anyone has any baby stuff to give away we'd be happy to take donations :)
Oh my goodness!!! You guys!! Ive got the chills! How amazing for your little family! Jee, now Im getting choked up- Thats so exciting! Please let us know if theres anything you need. Also.. I have an ugly bassinet, that i tried to make cute- but ended up making it even more nappy lookin.. BUT it does the job- your welcome to have that if you want. Is this special little baby a boy or girl?
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy and excited for you that I'm crying! Congrats!!! We'll be praying that everything goes well with the birth mother and you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am totally crying at work (o:
That's wonderful! Congratulations!!!
CongratuFREACKINGlations!!!!! Oh my gosh I'm SO excited for you!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! It's about time we had some GOOD adoption news. And I'm so glad it's for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy for you guys and your in my prayers that EVERYTHING works out beautifully perfectly and oh I'm just so excited for you both!!!!
ReplyDeletei had to read this three times to make sure I was reading it right! OH MY GOSH I AM SOOOOOO happy for you guys!!!!!! YEAH!!! Miracles DO happen! we are SOO happy!!!! YOu will be in our thoughts and prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! We will pray for your family. Heavenly Father will bless you.
ReplyDeleteFabulous, fabulous news! Congrats. We will keep his birth mom is our prayers. Early Christmas presents are the best!
ReplyDeleteahhhhhhhhhh! i totally have chills!!! yes! i need to start eating more chinese food!!
ReplyDeletelove you guys!
Dood I TOLD YOU...First Amanda...now you guys? I am eating Panda tonight! Congratulations. Leisha called to tell me the good news and I had to come and see it for myself. I was bawling a little. Congrats, congrats, congrats, congrats!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say congratulations! I know you don't know me, but I was in your adoption classes and have attended a couple FSA activities with you, and I found your blog a while ago. I don't check too often, but was so excited I checked today! That is the best news, and I'm so excited for you, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteSo AWESOME! Oh, you think you're freaking out now...JUST WAIT!!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE HEARD in a LOOONG TIME!! You Two are going to be GREAT GREAT GREAT parents! Congratulations!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray!! We are so thrilled for you and this sweet baby boy. He will be so very blessed to have you for his parents. Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteRon and Jessica-I am Matt's sister in Logan (of the Matt and K crew...) I have been following your story and was SOO excited to hear the good news. What a wonderful blessing. What a brave birth mother. I admire her courage and love more than I can say. I hope she reads this and knows that she has a bunch of strangers praying for her. Congratulations to you guys! Love, Becca Raphael
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys!!! This will be a WONDERFUL Christmas for you!!
ReplyDeleteRon and Jessica we are so excited for you both. a little boy, Wow. That means that he will already have a play mate. Tyler ( 4 1/2 month old) can't wait to have a freind other then his two big sisters. Our heart are over filled with joy for you both.
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful! Congrats, a million times congrats! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI totally cried the other day when you said that you werent chosen and now i see this and I am totally in hysterics for you. I have the biggest chill bumps and my heart is in my throat, all in a good way! I am so freakin excited for you, seriously! And a boy, yay! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! YAY!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH and Christmas babies are the BEST!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats!
ReplyDeleteYAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!
ReplyDeleteOh, that lucky little baby. You guys are going to be the best parents. I'm so excited!
WOO HOO!
You guys are getting the best Christmas present.
NICE! I'm so excited for the two of you. I really love hearing good news like this.
ReplyDeleteJess and Ron,
ReplyDeleteI heard the news from mom today. Congratulations! I hope everything works out beautifully. Now Zander will have a play mate close to his age at the family get togethers. I have a bassinet that Zander will be out of very shortly. You are more than welcome to have it. I would offer you my boy clothes, but they aren't mine to offer as I have borrowed them from a friend. Keep me posted.
Ron and Jessica!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so excited for you two!!! Such exciting news! What an exciting Christmas this will be! :)
We need to go get fortune cookies WITH you! :)
You both deserve this so very, very much! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see him! Congratulations and again, no two people deserve this more!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! I have some baby stuff...mostly girl but a bouncy chair & bedding that might work. You should have a shower in NOV to help. I am agin so happy for you both.
ReplyDeleteI'm so choked up!!!
ReplyDeleteJer and I have been praying for you and we will continue to pray for you and the Birthmother!!
What a miracle!!!!
You guys have been so patient and you are being blessed!!
I'm sooooooooooo exctied!!!
Congrats! We Love You
Jer, Christiane and Hayden
I am beyond (BEYOND I TELL YOU!) excited for you!!! A Christmas miracle, how perfect is that?
ReplyDeletePrayers will flow mightily from my lips for everyone involved!
I can't WAIT to see your son !!!
I have never seen a couple do more or work harder for a baby! I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for your family! Christmas babies are AWESOME! My Erin was born on the 16th. You need to have a shower and let us all know so we can come SPOIL you rotten!
ReplyDeleteSo I stop here and read but don't comment. I am bad at commenting lately on blogs. I had stopped by when I saw jessicas pumpkin and when i closed your blog thought to myself,"dang it Heavenly Father let them be placed with ALREADY!".
ReplyDeleteWhen I read this I was about to JUMP OUT OF MY SEAT! Couldn't cause I am at work. Wouldn't be appropriate but I will jump around when I go outside. Bless her heart. What a sweet girl. She rocks!! She can do it cause she will be placing with a great family who will make healing possible, she will see her child loved and taken care of. ROCK ON!! Merry Christmas and HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR!!!
Sounds GREAT. You two have been waiting for this for many years!
ReplyDelete