This week was a bad week.
Now we know what it's like to be the "other" family. You know, the one that doesn't get picked.
On Monday we got a call from an adoption agency wanting to show our profile to a birthmother.
We said YES, show it!!!
Tuesday morning they gave her our new profile.
Tuesday night we got another call from the caseworker.
She said the birthmother likes us (and another family) and wants to talk to each family, can she bring her on the line?
Of course!
We had a nice chat with her and found out we have A LOT of things in common.
We hoped.
We prayed.
We hoped some more.
Wednesday we heard nothing.
Every time the phone rings our hearts beat a million miles per minute.
Thursday nothing.
Friday the caseworker calls again. She didn't pick us.
We tried not to think about it, but it's hopeless.
The other couple is getting the best Christmas present ever.
I'm sorry guys! That's hard. And no matter how much it shouldn't hurt, it does.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I have passed out all your cards all over town here. Hospital, Women's Shelter, Bishop and some random people. There is still time before Christmas! ;)
I'm sorry!
ReplyDeleteOh no! Im sorry guys! We're praying for ya.. you deserve the best.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. I can't even imagine what horrible kind of roller coaster you are on. You two will make such great parents! Can we have some of your cards?
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me want to cry. I am so sorry. I know the feeling of longing for children. I hope that you get yours very soon. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am so very,very sorry. I can't find your email and I got some news from my sis in law that you might be interested in, email me!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I hated being that family... Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteOh Jessica, Ron. :-(
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. You guys have been through so much. We're praying for you and love you trillions.
Dang it all!
:-(!
Thanks Chantelle, we'd love more help we can bring some over tonight :)
ReplyDeleteI'm SO sorry you guys. That just bites.
ReplyDelete