Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Donut Falls

It's so sad that summer is over.
I think we've had a pretty good one, though (all things considered). So to welcome fall this year we went for a hike to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon.
(No, Homer, not those donuts)
We're loving our new camera by-the-way.
It takes great pictures and has a really cool timer so we can both be in the shot - yay!

Ron LOVES waterfalls, so it's a perfect hike for us.
Know of any other good hikes?

6 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures! You did well!

    Very beautiful up there!

    Here's hoping for the best winter ever for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love donut falls, there is a book you can get at Barns and Noble that has 100 Day Hikes in Utah. Your pictures are amazing, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hiked Lake Blanche on Saturday. Beautiful hike... It was even more amazing with the fall colors. I was a little disappointed that it rained as much as it did and it snowed a little closer to the top, but I would definitely recommend this hike!

    Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible place! Can you believe I've lived here almost my entire life and have never been there? Please tell me how to get there - I'm a bit geography challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chantelle
    You can find directions and some other info at http://www.utahoutdooractivities.com/doughnutfalls.html
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love me the slow shutter speeds. Totally digging these photos peeps...love the colors. Mt Timp? Is it still open...do it! The huge mountain AND the cave.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts