Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sibling Jealousy

Nah!

 ZJ has not acted one bit jealous. We didn't think he would because he's really got an adventurous type of personality. He also knows how much we love him. However, we did wonder how he would treat little Lexi. So far he has been great!
Fortunately we have a very verbal toddler who loves to tell us exactly what he's thinking.
Here are some quotes from our two-year-old during the past week or so:
"I want to see her."
"I want to hold her."
"I want to kiss her."
"I want to touch her."
"Mommy, she's crying."
Actually I just remembered there was one time he said, "Mommy, put Lexi down." But it wasn't necessarily jealous - more bossy than anything!

3 comments:

  1. McCoy never got jealous either. He did end up just mostly ignoring her for awhile. But when he did pay attention to her it was all loving and sweet. And he did always want to make sure he knew where she was. And yes, I think it makes all the difference when they know they are loved and not being replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenley, Zachary does all of those things too, so I'm glad we're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your recent addition to the family. lexi is a cutie. and it sounds like she has a fabulous big brother.

    thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts