By Jessica
Well, tommorrow is my final day babysitting for our neighbors. Their little 7 month old has grown so much in the past 2 1/2 months. He is such a sweet little boy.
Not only has it been a pleasure to watch him,
But I believe it was a tender mercy from the Lord.
I know He is mindful of us.
He is mindful of our needs and desires.
He knows how much we want to be parents.
He knows how hard we're working to find our children.
And I believe He is trying to make it happen for us.
He knows when it will happen too.
He gave us this opportunity to provide a service to our neighbor.
But like most service, I think Ron and I are the ones who have really been blessed by it.
Because of this tender mercy from the Lord, I can feel how much He loves us.
He has poured out many blessings on us.
I'm going to miss my little friend, though.
Our house hasn't felt so quiet and empty while he's been here.
My heart...it is full and it is with you. My prayers are pouring out for you. I'm sure you will get to borrow this little guy again!
ReplyDeleteThat baby is so cute, I can see why you are going to miss him!
ReplyDeleteYou are so much wiser and stronger than I was during the "waiting period"... I was okay out in public, but at home I was a giant "pity party", sobbing into my pillow...
He does know you. I promise you that, never lose sight of it (even though it is hard to remember sometimes!) Your life, your struggles, do have purpose. I don't understand it all... but I can look back in gratitude now for the path my life has taken because the further down it goes, the better it gets and the greater the lessons learned.
Waiting can be so difficult...I remember calling my Mom up in the middle of the night once and not being able to speak through the tears. She kept saying "What? What!?" and I finally eeked out "I'm never going to be a Mommy!!!!!" I laugh at that now (although it still hurts to think about it...)
Even now, waiting is so uncertain. Tonight my prayer was, "Okay, Lord, what exactly should I be praying for because we both know what I WANT to happen and what IS GOING to happen never seem to be the same thing, so let's just cut to the chase and figure out what I should be praying for!" LOL. I hope God has a sense of humor.
We cant explain how thankful we are for the services you guys offered us. Its funny how the Lord works, You were an answer to our prayers... but in the same sense it seems to have been a positive experience for you also! Thanks for all you've done.. You guys deserve the best!
ReplyDelete