Last year after suffering through another Mother's Day at church without kids, we decided if we still didn't have a baby; this year would be different.
So we planned a trip to Moab to see Arches Natl' Park.
Night number one:
Primitive camping. No water, just a pit toilet.
Primitive camping. No water, just a pit toilet.
Ron thought we would be staying at a KOA; swimming pool and all.
Boy was he surprised!
That night it was really windy and it started to rain.
We were worried about the tent because we couldn't stake it down or anything.
So we decided to sleep in the car.
Ron "slept" in the front seat with his feet up on the dash.
Jessica across the backseat.
The fun part was our friends went to Moab for a ward camp-out the same night.
So we mooched off their ward party and it was fun!
We had a great first day of hiking with our friends, too.
The highlight was a short hike to Sand Dune Arch and taking our shoes off to play in the sand.
The highlight was a short hike to Sand Dune Arch and taking our shoes off to play in the sand.
Night number two:
Our friends had to go home :(
But, we found the KOA! Showers and everything!
And we got to sleep in our tent.Sadly the next day we tried to hike to Delicate Arch, but the parking lot was full.
So we hiked to the Delicate Arch upper viewpoint instead. It was still really beautiful.
We wore our new Kokopelli shirts for good luck.
It was a great Mother's Day to be with each other and enjoy some of God's creations.
Next we're planning a Father's Day trip.
Where should we go?
I think you should take a cruise to Alaska.
ReplyDeleteThat was so fun! I'm jealous of your Kokopelli shirts. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI hear that Kennecott is beautiful around Father's Day...
Or Mesa Verde! Now that's a trip to take before you have kids. The thought of taking Amelia and Ellie on some of those hikes is terrifying! (I love it there, though. I can't wait to go someday).
We were planning on going somewhere for Mother's Day and Dustyn even got someone to cover all his classes and meetings. Then of course something had to come up. :P I wasn't excited. But I survived. I guess. They wouldn't let me leave without another plant to kill. :P Don't I have the BEST attitude. :) lol
ReplyDeleteWe are for sure going somewhere on Father's Day.
I am glad you had a good time! It looks like fun! I can't wait to go camping and try out our new tent! Yay!
I am glad you guys were able to get out of town and enjoy moab!! it is always good to plan trips together! you should go to jackson hole for fathers day, or a trip to vegas!!
ReplyDeleteSheesh, I just re-read my comment. I must have been on one earlier! :P It wasn't really that bad, and I do love Mother's Day! My mother is amazing and so is my mother-in-law! I have a lot to be grateful for! (just in case you were wondering what my problem was . . . ha ha ha)
ReplyDeleteWe love Arches Park...we went 2 summers ago! Hmmmm...how far is Mesa Verde from you guys? I seem to remember stopping there on our drive cross country on that summer vacation?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it was a memorable trip!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. We just went to Arches last summer for our first time. It is one of the most beautiful places. Hmm Father's Day? Yellowstone?! I've never been there, I hear it is fun.
ReplyDeleteWow, we love Moab! great pics! I just clicked over from Kamie's blog and thought I would say hi. Drop by and check out some of our family adventures if you would like. Moab is probably our favorite spot, but we like goblin valley as well. It's fun hiking(especially for the kids) and not too far from Moab. Click on our Trip Reports tab in the upper right, then look for "Factory Butte" and you should find some stuff. http://www.myblazeofglory.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteSorry, upper left. (I guess I still don't know left from right!)
ReplyDelete