Thursday, March 13, 2008

Say hello to my little friend!

By Jessica

This is my new friend!

Isn't he cute?

And I get to watch him all day while his parents are at work.

His mom is working on a new movie so she needed a babysitter for the next two months.

I thought, I'm not doing anything...I might as well.

I'm learning lots of new things.

Like,

It's harder to take a good photo of a baby than it looks!

And

Babies wiggle a lot when their diaper is being changed.

And

Ron comes home faster since it's not just me and the cat to play with!

And

Formula smells funny.

But all in all it's really great!

Especially when he smiles at me.

And

I still get to sleep thru the night because I send him home to mommy and daddy at the end of the day.

So I'm still storing up all the sleep I can until we find our own baby.

(If only I could store sleep)
P.S. This baby came with instructions!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Ron..

    He is cute!!! Please, if you find a way to store sleep I will be your best friend ever! And formula does smell funny,,,never use the pre-fab bottles the send home from the hospital, they really stink (and stain everything!)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute! I have a hard time capturing pictures of babies/toddlers too! But you did well!

    I babysit twin toddlers twice a week. It is loads of fun and gets me excited to have my own baby someday! :) But there are days where i have no idea how my single Aunt can handle two toddlers all the time. She's my hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I wish I had some practice like that. Instead I'm being thrust headfirst into motherhood. Yikes! Enjoy the sleep part. I understand sleep is a limited commodity once a baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Formula does smell! And I don't want to brag or anything but my little guy sleeps through the night and then wakes up in the morning for an hour and goes back to sleep for 3-4 hours. So I don't know about the sleep depravation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. What a cute little guy. You are so dang funny, Jessica. "P.S. He came with instructions!" Ha! You're great. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is so cute! sounds like fun to take care of him. I laughed how you said formula smells! SO TRUE!! you are so nice to watch this baby for his parents. I too just started babysitting and I AM SO EXHAUSTED by the time his parents come pick him up!!!! I wish mine was for only 2 weeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL... he really did come with instructions.. funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts