Lynne McLean sent this book and cd to us. She was my YW leader when I was a Beehive. In an effort to tell everyone we've ever known about our desire to adopt, I had written to her.
Her family is amazing.
And talented.
And talented.
And sweet.
She wrote me back and sent us "Distant Serenade" book and cd. She told me she would pray for us. I wrote her back. I wanted her to know how much these songs have meant to us and the adoption community. Then she sent us "From God's Arms" book and cd.
I like what it says just inside the cover of this book:
I like what it says just inside the cover of this book:
"When you think about it," writes Michael McLean, "adoption is as much a miracle as birth itself. Maybe more so, when you consider that for everyone involved it starts from a place of impossible choices...Still, in spite of all who would say it's beyond possibility that hope or peace or joy could be found, it is."
His message speaks to me.
My analytical mind keeps running the statistics and thinking it's impossible!...We'll never have kids; adoption is impossible! But yet, it isn't.
I know it will happen for us.
It's happened for others.
Miracles are happening.
There is hope.
Hope every time a young woman decides that abortion is not the right choice for her.
Hope when a single girl decides she wants her baby to have a mom and a dad.
Hope when she realizes that love is not enough to raise a child.
Hope when another family is created because of a miracle.
And heaven smiles.
I loved your post and now really want that book. I'm adopted and it is such a miracle and a blessing (o:
ReplyDeleteMy mom got this book and cd for me right after we found out about McCoy. We listen to it almost on a daily basis, including my husband who listens to it in the car to and from work and comes home singing it non stop. Listening to it is also the first time my husband cried about us being able to have the miracle of adoption happen for us. Adoption truly is a miracle and I pray that you will have your very own soon!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, it will happen. Seriously Travis and I had reached a point where we honestly didn't know if it would ever happen for us. And further than that, we were actually okay with not having children if that was the Lord's plan. We honestly felt that we could be happy and content with the lives we have right now before children. I mean we were a little sad, but we drew strength from the knowledge that we'd get the blessing of parenthood at some point even if not in mortality. It was funny because it was last fall when we finally reached that point. When we started looking at everything we've been given instead of focusing on what we didn't have. And now look. Here we are a short six months later about to welcome our own miracle. Keep the faith girl, you're doing great.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful. My brain runs the statistics too (in fact I looked up statistics on foster-to-adopt adoptions and still do...) but somehow, it all happens. With God, somehow 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2, it equals the universe of possibility!
ReplyDeleteOh, you're going to make me cry!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so sweet.
I am in the process of a Bulgarian Special needs adoption and came across your blog by chance... I have heard that there is a song on the Michael Mclean Cd called 'Yours' and I would very much appreciate if you could possibly email it to me?? you have no Idea how much it would mean to me. thank you for a beautiful read.
ReplyDeleteshannon.ruddy@gmail.com