The Utah Adoption Councilheld its annual November Adoption Celebration at Boondocks Fun Center on Saturday. We invited our friends, Brandon, Tasha, and Wesley
to join us for a fun filled exciting day of golf and games. We arrived, signed in and enjoyed some chili donated by Wendy's and some milk donated by the BYU Creamery. Then we went outside to enjoy some Mini Golf. It was a beautiful November Day. I must admit that it was not my best day on the links. Jessica on the other hand, putted circles around us, The real star of the day though was Wesley who managed to hit the ball in the right direction at least two or three times. He was very helpful too. He was always willing to pick up our balls for us. And he was so proactive... The ball didn't even have to be in the hole yet!
After our round of golf (we didn't keep score so I'm sure I won) we proceeded to the Go-Karts. I had this random 7 year old named Caden riding with me because he was too short to drive so he had to be a passenger and his sister was already the passenger in his dad's car. I am pleased to say that NOBODY passed us. We on the other hand passed about 10 cars in the 10 lap race. Jessica got to drive solo and we never quite caught up to her. Unfortunately due to Wesley's vertical challenges, he had to go in to the Arcade to drive his race car.
After spending some time in the arcade, we stopped in to the Back Porch Grill for some pizza and breadsticks and then it was back to the arcade to finish off our tokens. Once we were out of tokens, we pooled our tickets (Jessica could go pro in Skeeball) and redeemed them for a slobbermonica for Wesley. (It was a harmonica when it came out of the box.)
I don't know that there is a moral to this story. We just had a really good time...Thanks UAC!
Looks like you guys had a blast. We missed it this year, we were working on our yard, would have much rather been putting it on the green or racing...good luck on your adoption quest! You guys look great.
ReplyDelete