Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my faithful readers.
I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful that my wife and I are relatively healthy. I am thankful that we have a nice house and that although we aren't rich by any means, we're not frantically scraping to get by. I'm thankful for the friends and family that are supporting us through our (seemingly stalled) adoption journey. I am thankful for a God who hears and answers prayers and who has a plan for my life. I am thankful that God gently nudges me in the right direction as opposed to forcing me to make the right choices. I am thankful for Jesus Christ and the supreme sacrifice he made. I'm thankful for my parents and the love and support that they have given me and continue to give me. I'm thankful for my sweet wife. I'm thankful that five and three quarter years later she hasn't given up on me. I'm thankful she knows me so well and yet she still loves me. I'm thankful for the sacrifice of so many countless thousands so that I can live in a country where I am free to agree or disagree with the powers that be. I'm thankful that I live among the beautiful mountain views of the Salt Lake valley. I am thankful to have a good job that is rewarding and engaging. I am thankful that even though it doesn't contain all that I expect, I have a pretty good life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for the beautiful scenery we get to enjoy: the great white snow on our mountains.

    I am NOT grateful, though, for the snow we have to walk in, drive in, cope with nor keep ourselves warm from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts