Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yesterday

It was freezing yesterday here in West Jordan. The wind had a bite to it and a couple of times I worried that I might become a permanent fixture on my house, to hang from the roof like an icicle until the spring thaw. You see, I decided to take advantage of getting home from work early to finish hanging my Christmas lights. My wife, she begged me not to do it. She said, "Honey, It's too cold. Stay in the house where it's warm." But I was a manly man. Now I'm a manly popsicle. I wore a flannel shirt, a down vest and some work gloves. Even through the work gloves my fingers got a little frostbite. I hate to admit it, but I think I might have even suffered a mild case of Hypothermia. (and the Ice Cream after dinner probably didn't help)
I never was able to get warm for the rest of the night.
When all was said and done though. I think my house turned out pretty nicely.

I'm sorry that there's no lights on the upper eaves, but as I am trying to start a family, I realize that it would be darned unfair to Jessica to ruin it all by falling 2 stories to my (very messy) death.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate! I had a photo session yesterday and my hands almost froze off! Hope you are all warm now. Jessica, thank you for your sweet thoughts the other day...some days I can be crazy! Did Ron get my e-mail? Didn't know if he was at work, but if you guys want to drop off a profile to me by Sat, I have a birthmom that I am giving some profiles too...e-mail me with ??'s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your house looks great!!! just think how snowy and COLD it will be when it is time to take them down. You might as well just keep them up until next year since youwill have to do it all over again anyway!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ron,
    I didn't realize the peril you had gone through to put up those beautiful lights. I'm glad you've thawed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky, you have a house! :) Looks beautiful when the lights are on in the dark.

    Were you the only one in your block with the lights on?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts