Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween from Guest Blogger Jessica

!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
To celebrate Halloween on our blog this year we wanted to share a couple of our favorite Halloween Specials.

This picture is from Treehouse of Horror XVII which included Dr. Phil of Oprah Winfrey fame. He shows up to give Homer advice about his recent eating habits and weight gain. Then Homer eats him...It's amazing to me that celebrities want to be on The Simpsons knowing they will be made fun of. Or in this case, killed.
But one of my favorite clips is from Treehouse of Horror IV (which is from Season 5 of The Simpsons) the part entitled: Terror at 5 1/2 Feet. "Bart Simpson has a nightmare about a bus crash. And his nightmare is about to come true when a playful gremlin starts taking the bus apart piece by piece."

A friend of mine sent me that clip at work one day and it has provided some much needed entertainment.
Another one of my favorites from when I was younger was Garfield's Halloween Adventure. I've always enjoyed that fat orange cat and the fact that he LOVES candy gives us something in common.
In this animated adventure Garfield realizes it's Halloween and enlists Odie to dress up with him as Pirates and head out for "candy, candy, candy." After trick-or-treating at all the houses on their street, they attempt to cross a river on a boat and end up at a haunted house!

I realize this dates me as a child of the 80's but I'm proud of it!
And last, but not least, one of the most popular Halloween Specials of all-time, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

The Peanuts gang is invited to a Halloween party after trick-or-treating, but Linus hopes he will be visited by The Great Pumpkin so he stays in a pumpkin patch all night and convinces Sally to stay too….

Only to be visited by the Red Baron (Snoopy).
I hope you've enjoyed my little Halloween reminiscence. And I hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I love your little blog. Love coming here and seeing all of your new posts. And especially love this one because I too love the Simpsons. Unfortunately have missed the past few Treehouse of Horror specials, but will seek them out now due to the Dr. Phil eating. You guys are too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts