Wednesday, February 08, 2012

No Time For Shock

I guess it goes without saying, we called Amanda (Lexi's birthmom) back the next day and told her we'd love to adopt again! We didn't have to think about it too long. How could we say no? We couldn't.
But just imagine finding out you are FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT and think about how that would make you feel. Especially after talking about being DONE for the past year! (I'm not saying I feel pregnant or anything, but it's as close as I'll ever get). It was a big surprise to say the least.
Anyway, we have the ball rolling with our adoption agency and they have been great so far. Amanda's caseworker met with her and her boyfriend right away so he could help them out. So far everything is going smoothly.
It's kind of weird to be matched with four months notice. With ZJ we had two months to prepare. With Lexi we only had two days to prepare! It feels like June is far away, but I know it will be here fast. I'm glad Lexi will be 18 months old by then so she can go to Nursery on Sundays. I think we'll be in the halls with the kids more than ever this year.
Everyone tells me three kids is hard. I don't know how we're going to have enough hands for everthing. Good thing Ron works from home so he'll be able to help out at lunch time and it's a fast commute home :)
Now we just have to wait and see who'll be sharing their room with the baby.
We're excited to find out by the end of this month!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting! We were kind of the same, thinking we were done adopting and would be a family of 5 (although part of me knew there was a little girl missing and I just tired to ignore that feeling) and then suddenly life lead us to a quick match. How fun for you to be able to a adopt bio sibling of Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! What an amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Everyone's situation is different, you'll adjust to 3 just fine. I'm so excited for you. It would be pretty shocking to find out you are "5 months pregnant". And then to think that this is the most advanced notice you've had! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ages of my kids when we had 3 were 3.5, 17 mo and newborn. I won't lie...it is hard....but it gets SO much better after about 6 months or so. It is so fun having them close though and what a blessing for you! Congrats...hope all goes smooth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts