Last night around 6 p.m. our caseworker called. She asked if we could talk to our baby's birthmother at 7:30. Of course we said, "Sure!"
So for more than an hour last night I felt completely sick to my stomach with nerves wondering why she was going to call.
I thought for sure I would be over the nerves this time.
I thought for sure I would be over the nerves this time.
Just the other day I thought to myself, "We've already met face-to-face, so I have nothing more to be nervous about."
Wrong. There's always something to worry about.
I think it's a girl thing.
Ron and I played a game to pass the time and that helped.
Finally our caseworker calls and conferences all of us on the line.
Finally our caseworker calls and conferences all of us on the line.
We weren't sure what to say at first because afterall she called us.
After saying hello and having a moment of silence on the line, she told us how much fun she had when we took her and her mom out to dinner. She said how much her mom love, love, loved us! (She does too, but you know how moms are.)
She told us she was at the store with her caseworker the other day and saw some cute little boy booties that she wants to get for us. So we told her about the cutest car seat we've ever seen that we're going to get for him. She asked if we've decided what to name him, we told her, and she loves it. (We're not ready to blog about it yet, so if we've told you his name you'll have to keep it secret for a bit).
We ended up talking for a good 40 minutes and then her friend showed up to visit her so she had to go. She said she'd arrange another call soon. And we swapped email addresses, too.
We ended up talking for a good 40 minutes and then her friend showed up to visit her so she had to go. She said she'd arrange another call soon. And we swapped email addresses, too.
After she hung up our caseworker talked to us for a minute.
It's kind of weird knowing that she listened in on our entire conversation, but it has benefits.
She told us she thought the call went well. She also said that our baby's birthmother bonded with us at the dinner meeting and feels like this is the way it was supposed to be.
Meaning she feels like her baby is meant to be with our family.
Best of all, she feels peace.
Another prayer answered.
(but please don't stop praying yet.)
(but please don't stop praying yet.)
Sounds like things are going well. I'm so glad! Keep those updates coming!!!
ReplyDeleteI cant explain how excited we are for you guys!! PS.. Ash told me to tell you guys "HI" :)
ReplyDeletePeace is an amazing feeling. For everyone involved. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteOnce again I am crying happy tears.
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL...best news I could have heard all day! Still praying my heart out for you.
ReplyDeleteI totally flipped out too when our caseworker called us to tell us that we had been chosen and then gave us C's phone number and told us to give her a call. I was totally freaked out about talking to the young lady that would make us parents, plus I HATE talking on the phone. But it is amazing how it all works out and it is never as awkward as you always imagine it would be. I am so excited for you two, it brings back alot of memories! And it is such a miracle!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful. And don't worry, I won't stop praying til those papers are signed and little no-name-yet is safe in your arms! All the nerves are natural and go away the second you are driving away from the placement with your gorgeous baby!
ReplyDelete