Did you know that less than 50% of expectant mothers deliver on their due date?
Our baby's estimated due date (from the most recent ultrasound) is Dec. 22nd.
So just for fun....
What we would like to ask you, dear reader, is:
#1: If you have a child, when did he/she arrive in relation to the due date (especially your first child).
#2: When do you think our baby will make his debut in this world?
Ready? Comment!
Oo Oo.... I say December 17. Just because it sounded good! :D
ReplyDeleteAw, I was going to say 12/17, since that is Gretchen's birthday. Since I can't take that one, I'll go with 12/20, which is my brother Bren's birthday. Now wouldn't that be something!
ReplyDeleteI say December 21st I had Zoe the day before my due date...so I will go with what I know.
ReplyDelete#1: Ashton was born 3 days before his ultra sound date..
ReplyDelete#2: Your baby is going to come December 24th, Its a great day in many many ways.. its Lances b-day AND of course Christmas eve!
Jayden came 2 weeks early - induced 'cuz of my blood pressure. Alex came 1 day early - induced again. Skyler came 1 week LATE... finally induced. :(
ReplyDeleteI've read that induction is a popular event (though it really sucks for labor) so I'm going to say that baby will come one week early on the 15th.
As we talked about the other day, I am not the best person to ask about labor, due dates, etc. since mine were all scheduled c-sections, so I will just make a guess and say 12/19.
ReplyDeleteHOLY COW GUYS!! I don't check blogs for a few days, and I come back to this news?!?
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!
In answer to your questions...
#1 Our first kid was early, but my wifes water broke. The rest of the tribe have all been late though.
#2 I'm going to go with December 25th. Both because I think sometimes God likes to mess with us, but more because I can't think of a better Christmas present for the future parents of perhaps one the most loved kids ever to come to earth.
Congrats again!
Hey Ron, My first baby was due on May 20 and I was induced on May 24. My second child was due on April 28 and I had my c-section on April 18. I think due dates are more of an idea and not reality. I don't think I know anybody who delivered on their due date. I bet your baby will come on Christmas.
ReplyDeleteMy guess was also going to be the 17th Although if he was born on the 25th that would be the PERFECT Christmas present EVER!! Who cares if his birthday is on Christmas tht is just ONE more thing you could celebrate on Christmas day!!
ReplyDelete(Ron)
ReplyDeletePlease no more Christmas Due dates....
We'd really like to take him home by Christmas.
One of my children was born on his due date. Two were born 1 day after their due date. I am going to guess he will pass his due date by 1 day...
ReplyDeleteBaby boy - born December 23.
Well my first child was 10 days late and she was born with the weight and some abilities of a 3 month old. I do not wish that on your birth Mom, but I have to say that most first pregnancies are late. I will say December 27. I wish he comes for Christmas for you though. It will be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteJacob was due June 24th and his birthmom chose to be induced on July 1st (1 week past her due date...) Her parents had her living at a friend's house and she wanted to come home!
ReplyDeleteI think your baby will be born December 24th/25th right at midnight...it will be your BEST Christmas present ever.
ReplyDeleteBut, wait, that will make it hard to plan birthday parties...so I will choose December 19th because that is my son's b-day! (Joshua)
For your sakes, I hope the sooner the better! I am truly, TRULY so excited for you. I couldn't be more excited without looking like a raving lunatic.
#1 Sweet Cheeks was born exactly one week before his due date.
ReplyDelete#2 I think he will be born on Dec. 20th.
Amelia was 2 weeks and a few days early, but that was due to the whole sepsis trauma. So, you can't take that into account as normal.
ReplyDeleteEllie was 5 days early, but that's because I had to be induced for medical reasons.
So basically we're no help with question 1.
For 2, though, Matt and I both think he'll be a week early. :-) So we say the 15th. Yay.
Dang! Someone else already said the 15th. So we're changing to the 16th.
ReplyDeleteI am NOT reading any of the other comments...just cuz it may sway my decision. My first was 7 days early. I say, your baby will come...December 21. Just cuz, like most things in life, when you really want them, we have to wait. Darn waiting. :) Can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDeleteMy first (was adopted) was due June 30, we got a call June 20th from his birthmother that her water had broken (a state away) so we jumped on a plane and he was born that night.
ReplyDeleteI say December 23 so he can come home on Christmas eve or Christmas day. Can't think of a better Christmas present!
Nathan was born 2 days late, but it seemed that the ultrasound date was wrong and he was actually about a week and 2 days late...
ReplyDeleteI'm making NO GUESSES as to when your little person will arrive.
Lige was 2 days late - first babies are more often late than subsequents, so they say. BUT, the good news is that typically the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate predictor of due date, so go with what they first told you!! And I totally don't believe that anywhere close to 50% of babies are born on their due dates...do you know ANYONE who has had their baby on their due date? Yeah, my point exactly :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS!!! I step away from blogging for a few weeks and this is what happens??? I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when I popped back in to see how things were going for you two and I saw your wonderful news. TEARS OF JOY!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Enjoy this precious time as you anticipate the best Christmas ever!
As for my estimate as to when this precious little one will arrive... I'm going with the 14th. Our Tyler was due the 23rd of December. His birthmom was told it was unlikely she would deliver early. We were all hoping for an early arrival since we would be traveling out of state for the adoption and she wanted to be with her family on Christmas- not in the hospital. All of our prayers were aswered, and Tyler was born on the 14th. So that's my bet- it's a lucky day. And you can count on NEVER having a Christmas top this one...EVER!!!
We'll be sure to keep you and your sweet birthmom in our prayers.