Have you SEEN this Huggies commercial?
Apparently all of the other diaper makers tried to sue HUGGIES because it misrepresents their products by saying that they are all shaped like bricks. I for one thought it was a pretty clever advertisement.
You can see it here: http://globalwebvideo.com/clients/kc/Huggies_Brick_Baby_KKHS-7017_30-WMV-400.wvx
The commercial is not noteworthy to me because of the legal wranglings though. When I saw the first part of that advertisement I thought that it illustrated perfectly the sense of hopelessness and futility that comes with infertility. We imagined ourselves as the parents of a brick, trying to be happy while everyone else has a baby. It makes sense to us at least.
The first few times I saw this, I thought the same thing. Why does she have only a brick? I probably watched it five times before I realized it was a diaper commercial. I think only those who have struggled to conceive would understand that pain and hopelessness. Love your take on it and for bringing it up...
ReplyDelete