We didn’t really but it was fun to visit Simpsonize Me!
I know you’re thinking, “What’s a nice couple like you doing associating yourselves with a show that has been described as the root of all evil?”
My parents banned us from watching The Simpson’s and condemned Bart’s behavior. They like to point out how it’s evidence of the things that are wrong with our society. I don’t blame them either, I’ll be banning our kids from lots of bad television, including The Simpson’s. After all, nobody ever actually said that all cartoons are for children.But we love to laugh at The Simpson’s because we need to laugh at ourselves. After all, which of us males doesn’t look at Homer Simpson and see several ways that we’re like him? There is a little Homer in all of us. We recognize our tendency to be a little insensitive, a little rude, a little crude, but ultimately we’re trying our best to make it through this crazy world.
And Ladies, Marge is not the perfect homemaker and neither are you. It’s impossible to be. That’s the point Marge makes. We all make mistakes. The Simpson’s poke fun at almost every aspect of our lives and make commentaries on many contemporary issues.
Besides, every one of us, at the end of the day, wants to feel better about ourselves…even if we only feel like we’re doing better than The Simpson’s.
Love this! So cute. I love the Simpson's too...I have been watching FOREVER since they were on Tracy Ulman...ya that pathetic. I don't watch so much the new stuff cause we are always gone on Sunday...but ya know...love it.
ReplyDeleteAmazing this show has been on for all these years and it's still just as popular. The movie this past summer made a fortune too.
ReplyDeletethat is so funny! my parents banned it from our house growing up too and so did my husband's. now that we have our own house, we never miss an episode.
ReplyDeletei am so glad that you have jumped back into the blog ring! fun to read about you!!