Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Movie Review - Johnny

While this movie is not for everyone, it does have a powerful message of faith, hope and destiny.
Johnny (2010) is a low budget film and struggles in a few areas. The acting is really bad or maybe it's the directing - either way, it's not Hollywood. But not being a Hollywood film doesn't make it all bad. I enjoyed the story line - that's why I wanted to see the film. It's about a young boy with terminal cancer who is living in foster care. He knows he has a special mission on earth and he is determined to fulfill it. While the story is unrealistic in places - it did lead me to love the character Johnny. He's a courageous boy with immense faith. His life touches those around him in amazing ways. It's also an adoption story, but like I said, it's unrealistic in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts