ZJ during the first four days at the hospital. Pictured with the lion we bought when we decided we wanted to adopt. We had named this lion Zachary about two years earlier. At placement we told Felicia about the lion and gave it to her with some other gifts. Later she bought the lion a friend and named him Jesse. The lion is one of her favorite gifts.I have been thinking so, so much this month. Thinking about how I became a mother.
There are no other words to describe it than;
A miracle.
Pure and simple.
My first time holding ZJ at the hospital shortly after he was born.
I have really felt the magnitude of what's happened to me as I've thought about the past year.
Three years ago I cried tears of despair - wondering if I would ever be a mother.
Now I cry tears of joy!
God made it happen.
Adoption made it happen.
And Felicia's personal agency made it happen.
Ron's first time holding ZJ at the hospital.
So many things had to happen to bring ZJ into our lives. It is truly amazing to think about it.
Thinking about this past year has made me feel so completely blessed. I had no idea how much becoming a mother would change my life for the better. I knew I wanted to be a mother, but I had no idea of my capacity to love my son until he came into our home. I love everything about him! While I miss the infant we held for the first time (one year ago this Wednesday) I rejoice in (the almost one year old) sweet, sweet boy he has become. Everyday I'm just happy being his mommy and helping him learn new things. For me everyday this year was a miracle.

Felicia holding newborn ZJ.
This month as we celebrate the birth of our son, we'll hold him even closer and tell him we love him even more. Felicia made an incredible sacrifice when she placed him in our arms. We will never forget.
This month we also celebrate the birth of another son. The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He made the greatest sacrifice when He suffered death and pain for each of us.
I'm so indebted for the sacrifices made in my behalf.
Because of love, we have been given everything.

Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI can not believe it has almost been a year.
I love adoption miracles.
Awww!
ReplyDeleteOh this brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful, I can't believe it's been a year!
ReplyDeleteI love the lion!
Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI love adoption miracles! Even when they make me cry!
ReplyDelete