Monday, January 26, 2009

Weeping, Wailing, and Gnashing of Teeth

That's right. With the rollover of the New Year,

Uncle Sam is once again knocking on your door.
With his hand out.
Luckily, filing your taxes is as easy as 1,2,3.
Yeah, Right!
We used to trust Turbo Tax to handle our taxes,
but tax software no matter how good,
operates on the GIGO principle.
"Garbage In. Garbage Out."
Which is to say that those tax software suites
are only as good as the information you give them.
It doesn't know that the piece of information you forgot to share with it
could save (or cost) you serious money.
We have learned that although not as cheap as Turbo Tax,
a CPA is worth his weight in gold.
For the last three years, we have trusted our taxes to
CPA Scott Dunkley.
Scott lives in Riverton, Utah.
He's a corporate accountant for a large company.
And he prepares income taxes on the side.
He's also a HUGE fan of adoption (with adopted children of his own).
Scott's large company told him this year
that they are moving to Florida.
Scott's family isn't.
This means that he will need to rely a lot more this year
on what he used to do
ON THE SIDE.
Let us know if you need help with your taxes.
We'd be happy to give you his contact information.
ZJ doesn't trust Uncle Sam either.

3 comments:

  1. I was so ready for a ZJ colic/diaper rash/baby story...you tricksters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have someone you trust taking care of your taxes. And ZJ... I don't trust Uncle Sam, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are his prices like? I need some serious help this year w/ that CNG car tax credit. I usually go to H&R, but I wouldn't mind helping someone out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts