***DISCLAIMER--This post is negative. There really is nothing positive about it. However if you can handle the negative, at the end you might just laugh....Negatively--DISCLAIMER***
I don't know why I ever bother to read the news. I know in advance that it's going to make me angry, but like a moth to a burning flame, I can't help myself. I read the news today and learned of a Lam Luong in Alabama who threw his four kids off of a bridge. I read another story about Precious Carter, a mother in Florida, whose baby was rushed to the ER because he ate some cocaine. Then there's Donna Yates of Alabama who runs Meth lab in her home and her 7 month-old baby lives there too.
So that got me thinking about Testimony meeting on Sunday. A new mother who had just had her baby blessed got up to bear her testimony. She gushed on for a while with the typical new mom testimony and then she said it! "I'm so glad Heavenly Father trusted me enough to send me one of his little spirits. I wanted to throw my hymnbook at her. **please don't take this next part in any way other than it was intended. It is intended to be taken very sarcastically.** Thank you so much dear sister for clarifying things for me. I now know that I don't have any children because God doesn't trust me. He trusts such worthy individuals as Kevin Federline, Niclole Richie, Lam Luong, Precious Carter, Donna Yates and Bill Clinton but he doesn't trust me. I feel so much better now. **Sarcasm Ends**
The reason I refrained myself from throwing said hymnbook is that she didn't make her comment maliciously. She was just giddy about her new baby and didn't realize she was cluelessly spouting hurtful false docrine.
Now for the lighter side I promised you. Holly sent me this video that I think most infertile couples can identify with. The girl in Testimony meeting was an aunt jane. In fact I think I encounter an aunt jane on a daily basis. So to all of the aunt janes out there, "Did you mean to say that out loud?"
Oh how we all infertal couples can relate to that video! That video is SOO FUNNY! I remember when I started telling people that I was pregnant SO many people told me it was all because we were trying to adopt. THEN I would tell them, WELL after thousands of dollars to do IVF I had to prove them wrong. People JUST don't know what to say, but most of the time they reallk shold not say anything at all!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! Thank you for saying what all us infertil people are thinking. Love this clip!!! If only it were that easy.
ReplyDeleteStrong. I think when we have heard similar situations in church and other places, we understand that there is no malice towards us. That it isn't that Heavenly Father doesn't trust us, you, infertile people. It is a trial we have chosen. We never truly understand what others may be going through. I loved your honesty today. For sharing your pain, and that video was hilarious! Thank you for not being afraid to share.
ReplyDeleteYou know, it bugs me when I hear things like that from the pulpit too. People need to think before they speak.
ReplyDeleteI'd just like to say AMEN!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love your post! I feel like you could put any emotion into that clip! I have become so sensitive lately since entering the adoption world that I am afraid to comment on anything for the fear of saying something hurtful. I know that at the cost of other peoples ignorance we get personally hurt but that's where people like you step up and teach others about the stituation and what is tackful . It is amazing what people say at times. I remember when I was found myself in the position of placing my daughter the things people would say were awful! I bet you and your husband are so excited, Don't you feel like it's a waist of time to be pregnant and then give your baby away! Thank you for your blog, I love it and appreciate your words of wisdom and filleting your emotions for the rest of us. I pray for couples like you daily!!!! Couples like you make my heart SO full!!! I hope that I don't ever make an Aunt Jane comment. Flag me if I do!
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm Jessica's Mom. In the last year since Ron and Jessica have decided to adopt I have seen some amazing changes in them. They are really devoted to having children. If you know someone who is not ready to be a parent I recommend that you put them in touch with LDS Social Services to give Ron and Jessica the opportunity they are looking for. Sincerely Lesa McCullough
ReplyDeleteHey Ron and Jessica, I came across your blog through some adoption links. This video really is funny and even though I have seen it quite a few times, I never fail to keep laughing! Too funny! And so true.
ReplyDeleteI really appreciated your post and can relate! I have to keep reminding myself to just let things go and to not take them to heart when someone says something that makes my heart twinge. And I know they mean no harm in it. Thanks for reminding me! :)
I hope that your little one finds you soon! I am going to add your blog to my links! Hope that is okay! :)