Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow



By Jessica,

Today we were buried by snow. Again. Personally I like the snow. I know we need the snow. So I was dutifully shoveling the snow off our driveway by hand. Frankly I think I'm afraid of our snow blower. It's probably the same fear I have of using power tools. I'm afraid I'm going to maim myself. Death would be OK, but maiming - no thanks. So me and my shovel made it about two thirds down the driveway when we thought it was about time to give up. We know the snow will wait for us. It was about then that the neighbor across the street was finishing up his snow blowing. Then like a glorious dream, my neighbor came over and helped me! I LOVE our neighborhood! Well then I couldn't give up and leave my neighbor to finish the job I had started. I plucked up some strength and determination and shoveled, shoveled, shoveled. He used his snow blower on the very LONG sidewalk while I finished the driveway. And we are done, for now. Until next time snow. I think I'm making cookies for the neighbor tonight!

4 comments:

  1. You know... I used to think Snow Blowers were meant for lazy people. After my time spent, shovel in hand over the past few days, I thinking they might be more in order for the intellectually advanced - that and people with more free cash than I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to continue practicing your snow shoveling skills on my driveway ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts