Monday, December 24, 2007

my "Special Assignment"

So the other night I was minding my own business when the phone rings.
I looked at the Caller ID and yelled, "Honey, do we know anybody at the North Pole?" She couldn't think of anyone but I answered anyway. This guy says his name is Frank and he claims to be Santa Claus' majordomo and wanting to offer me the opportunity of a lifetime. Now I was a little skeptical because my last opportunity of a lifetime involved helping the Nigerian Secretary of Industry transfer funds to the U.S. using my bank account; but, I played along. He says, "I kind of messed up and I need you to help me."
"Oh sure pal. Go on" I mean what kind of help does an elf need anyway?
"So he says I accidently booked Santa for simultaneous appearances in Guam and West Valley tonight. I was wondering if you could proxy for Santa for the Guam appearance."
I replied that Guam was way too far away but I could help out in West Valley, but isn't it kind of last minute? After all, I think it takes a little longer than 2 hours to ship a santasuit from the Nort Pole to West Jordan. Not even DHL is THAT good, but he says "just go down and look under your Christmas tree." So down the stairs I run. There's an old leather suitcase sitting there that I swear wasn't there this morning. And there's snow on it. So I open it and Voila!

I call Frank back and tell him I'll accept the assignment. I asked him if I could use the sleigh, but apparently it was in the shop getting its annual pre-flight maintenance so I just drove my own car.

I had a really good time playing Santa. Although I did hear someone comment that Mrs. Claus must have put me on a diet.

They say you can't judge a person until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Wel let me say that I think that Santa is a guy with really warm feet. I'm glad he let me help him out and hope he asks again next year.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, if I had known you had a Santa suit, I could have used your services this year.

    Oh well, next year then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny.
    Amelia thinks you have a striking resemblance to the guy up North. At least when you wear the suit, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIH5ayG1qho


    Hi ron and jessica,
    I saw this youtube video, "my aunt jane knows more than my RE".
    I thought it speaks true to the reality that some people think they know why someone is having difficulty conceiving, and I thought it's a lighthearted video.

    Happy New Year
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts