Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How the Grinch Stole Chrismas

Please remember Jed & Cally Nielson of American Fork in your prayers. I don't actually know them but I can't remain silent on this. According to an article in the Deseret News, their son, Harvey, was placed with them in June. Now Kootenai County District Court Judge Barry E. Watson has ruled that Harvey should be taken away and placed in the custody of his biological father in violation of Idaho law. Idaho law requires that to assert parental rights, the biological father must come forward and do so prior to the mother signing relinquishment papers. Now, just in time for Christmas, instead of joy they have nothing but sorrow.
So Judge Watson, I have written a song for you. (Thanks to Dr. Seuss for his collaborative efforts)

You're a mean one, Judge Watson.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Judge Watson.
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.
You're a monster, Judge Watson.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Judge Watson.
I wouldn't touch you, with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
You're a vile one, Judge Watson.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Judge Watson.
Given the choice between the two of you,
I'd take the seasick crockodile.
You're a foul one,
Judge Watson.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Judge Watson.
The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."
You're a rotter, Judge Watson.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splot
With moldy purple spots, Judge Watson.
Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable
rubbish imaginable,
Mangled up in tangled up knots.
You nauseate me, Judge Watson.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked horse.
Judge Watson.
You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce.
Mr. and Mrs. Nielson, I wish you the best of luck with the appeals process. I hope you get your baby back.
On a lighter note, we heard that this is the year that they would light the old Cedar tree at Temple Square. We had to go see it. So we thought what better way to enjoy the lights than as a Family Home Evening activity with our good friends Kathryn and Matt?

3 comments:

  1. I am apalled. I got sucked into reading it, it is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and I was TICKED! That poor family. Our hearts go out to them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts