We've been working on our nursery. It was kind of a tough choice. Most of the nursery themes we liked were extremely Male-centric or female-centric. We finally decided on a Safari theme. All little children love animals and so we thought it would be perfect. I especially like the poster on the wall. I had been searching for a good Thomas Mangelsen print to hang on the wall, but he's so expensive. Finally I relented and agreed that we don't have to have Brand Name art on our walls and Jessica found the cute little elephant at Allposters.com. It really symbolizes the safe haven we want to create for our baby. The elephant also symbolizes that our baby will never forget the amazing love his/her birthmother had for him/her. This is another print we want to put in to our nursery too.
I mean. How cute is that? Anyway we decided to have more realistic art in the nursery. Why? I don't know. It just seemed that that way we would have a theme that could be appropriate for our child throughout the years. After all, sooner or later children lose interest in silly cartoon monkeys.
So cute! I Love your crib. I pray that a little one will soon sleep there.
ReplyDeleteLove the posters!
ReplyDeleteI know it is so hard to wait, I will pray that you will find YOUR baby soon!
Hey! I still love that cartoon monkey...but alas I do love that art. I have seen so many of them, they are hanging on the walls of our peds office. Love the nursery, love the crib...it is beautiful. We pray you may have a child enter your lives soon!
ReplyDeleteI can't say which I love more: the giraffe poster or the elephant. I think I'd have to say the giraffe because it's "mom and baby" oriented. We've got a gigantic stuffed elephant that made sounds and stuff that would look spectacular with your theme.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and your nursery looks super.
I hope that nursery doesn't sit empty for too much longer! Lets hope Santa brings you something good this year! I too love the crib and the way you decorated it is very cute!!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute nursery!
ReplyDeleteYou guys could go into business.
Cute.
cute nursery! i love that photo of giraffe kissing baby cub.
ReplyDelete