We just got little missy's one year pictures taken tonight and we already have the proofs to enjoy!
She's such a silly little girl. She was afraid of the photographer's feather duster so no smiles for that trick.
She tried crawling away and left the studio several times. She's really fast!
She LOVED the pink fabric - she even pulled it off the clip and on top of herself.
But all that said, she is such a little character and I think the photographer captured our precious little girl and all her cuteness.
One year ago today, we were matched with this sweet baby girl's birthmom. It was a Friday and that night we had a family Christmas party where we told everyone the surprising news - they were so excited for us. Little did we know she'd be born just about 48 hours later! It was such a whirlwind trying to figure everything out - but figure it out we did. It still amazes me how many things "just worked out" for her to join our family. Coincidences - definitely not.
It's been a crazy year ever since. I think (after one LONG year of working at it) I've finally convinced her brother that sharing mommy and daddy with a sibling is not all bad. I believe the turning point for ZJ was just the other day when I told him we were going to have birthday cake for Lexi's party soon. ZJ LOVES cake! I told him she would love to share some with him on her special day and he's been a lot nicer ever since. If only I had figured THAT out sooner!
And even though she's already had cake a few times - I can't wait to capture her first piece on her first birthday...
A year already ? She is darling.
ReplyDelete