December is a big month for our family. It's the month we welcomed our little boy home just in time for Christmas. And it's (barely) the month we matched with Lexi's birthmom and she was born just a few days later. I think often about all of those events. I reminisce about all the feelings of excitement, wonder and awe.
I remember the miracles.
I think about our time spent in the hospital with my children's birthfamilies. With their birthmothers. Their birthfamilies love them so much! I know they're thinking of these little ones they've entrusted with us. Wondering how they are since the last update we sent. Wondering what milestones have been reached and what are their likes and dislikes.
Occasionally the weight of this special motherhood I've been given overwhelms me. Not only do I have to be a good mother for God, but also for my children's birthfamilies.
Simply put, their birthmothers chose motherhood for me.
It's a responsibility I don't take lightly nor do I ever forget it.
I'll be the first to say, I'm certainly not perfect at it. I make mistakes all the time just like anyone else.
But I love these children and I want the best in this world for them. I would do anything for them.
Almost a year ago our sweet little blonde haired baby girl was born and we rushed to Texas to meet her. It all happened so quickly I hoped it wasn't too good to be true! After two days at the hospital waiting for the state mandated time frame to pass, Lexi's birthmother was able to sign paperwork to make her our daughter. As we buckled this beautiful, tiny, little baby into our rental car - we couldn't believe what was happening. It was so mind boggling to us, we even asked the caseworker if we could really drive away with this little baby on board. How could we be so lucky to have two wonderful children?
Now, eleven months old, she's a fun little girl with a stroke of independence.
She loves music and tries to dance a jig whenever music is playing.
She just started repeating animal noises as she loves kitties and puppies. But the only one she does so far is the elephant noise :)
She also loves clapping her hands and will clap whenever we clap.
She loves her daddy and smiles so big whenever she sees him!
She is such a joy and a lovable little girl. We love you little Lexi pie!
We're so excited for your FIRST Christmas!
love the dress! I can't believe she is going to be 1 yr old in less than a month. Excited to see you next weekend!
ReplyDelete