Friday, November 11, 2011

10 Months (plus a week)

If I had time I would stare into these beautiful blue eyes all day :)
She's such a sweet little girl! I can't believe how lucky we are!

Isn't she just THE cutest?!!
I love her cute little grin and her sparkling eyes! She'll be talking up a storm any day now.

She's cruising around the furniture like a pro! It won't be long and she'll be walking and running - I'm ready, but not ready, you know what I mean?
This adventure of having a second child has been so different than the first time. Each day we survive The Toddler is a success. I don't worry as much about losing "my baby" and never having another one like I did with ZJ. Every day he got older gave me a pang of sadness.
I wondered if he would be my first and my last.
I wondered if he would ever have a sibling to play with.
I wondered if something would happen to him and my stint at motherhood would be cut short.
Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed everything about my baby boy, but there were a lot of these thoughts swirling around in my head. I was very protective of him (still am and of my baby girl too).

Now I'm just thankful for each day I get with these two adorable children.
I'm thankful for the moments when they get along and nobody is crying or in time out!

It's hard to explain all the differences, but the biggest difference this time has been the way my feelings have changed about adoption. It was so hard to adopt the first time and after we finally did I felt like I never wanted to do it again. Eventually my feelings changed as I knew they would.
This time I still feel like I never want to adopt again, but I also feel like if we ever change our minds - I know God will help us find as many children as we desire.
That's a big change for someone who felt she would never be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts