Saturday, July 23, 2011

Yes It's Quiet Around Here - But We're Busy With Projects!!!

Besides dealing with the typical two-year-old shinangans - we've also been working on many projects at home. Maybe someday we'll be able to rest from all the plans I have in my mind, but until then we're going to be crazy busy for a while.

I figured since I have that chocolate brown paint for the coffee table I'm refinishing - I might as well use it on some other things around here.

I think some chocolate brown paint does some wonders for old furniture.

Table before:
Table after:

Another use for my chocolate brown paint is a shelf for Lexi's room.
I don't really have a before of the shelf, but maybe you can picture it -
it was a white shelf with pink sponge painted bears and green sponge painted blobs on it.
The sponge painted bears and blobs covered the entire surface that I have now painted brown:

(sorry for the bad picture - this is where I left the shelf while the paint dries)

Next I'll paint the white surfaces hot pink to match Lexi's room. It looks amazingly different and it's going to be awesome in her room! Maybe we'll actually finish decorating her room before she turns one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts