Our family July 16, 2009 with Judge Kennedy:
Mommy, Daddy and Lexi with Judge Maughan July 6, 2011:
Finalization today was one year and one day after LDS Family Services finished our homestudy and we were officially approved to adopt again.
Here's everyone who joined us at the courthouse today:
It's interesting how history repeats itself. Last time we remembered our camera but forgot our camera card. This time we did the same. Good thing I still carry my pocket PC around because that extra memory card comes in handy on days like today.
At least the day went perfectly otherwise. But I knew it would. From the moment I found out about Lexi's birthmother I felt that this adoption would move forward if it was meant to happen. Paperwork issues popped up here and there and I told our attorney's office that I wasn't worried. I knew this day would come and she would be part of our family. She belongs with us and she's perfect for us.
The judge said something similar today after all the testimonies were given and he'd looked over everything. He held our court file in his hands and told us we'd probably never look at it if we didn't today. But that a lot of people had made sure everything was legal for Lexi's adoption to happen. He thanked us for letting him be a part of the process and thanked us for what we were doing. He said he knew we knew in our hearts that she was ours long before finalization came - and that's so true.
We love our little Lexi. Glad to have the adoption decree so we can head to the temple in a week and a half! She's really ours now and soon she'll be ours forever.
What a happy day!
Here's everyone who joined us at the courthouse today:
It's interesting how history repeats itself. Last time we remembered our camera but forgot our camera card. This time we did the same. Good thing I still carry my pocket PC around because that extra memory card comes in handy on days like today.
At least the day went perfectly otherwise. But I knew it would. From the moment I found out about Lexi's birthmother I felt that this adoption would move forward if it was meant to happen. Paperwork issues popped up here and there and I told our attorney's office that I wasn't worried. I knew this day would come and she would be part of our family. She belongs with us and she's perfect for us.
The judge said something similar today after all the testimonies were given and he'd looked over everything. He held our court file in his hands and told us we'd probably never look at it if we didn't today. But that a lot of people had made sure everything was legal for Lexi's adoption to happen. He thanked us for letting him be a part of the process and thanked us for what we were doing. He said he knew we knew in our hearts that she was ours long before finalization came - and that's so true.
We love our little Lexi. Glad to have the adoption decree so we can head to the temple in a week and a half! She's really ours now and soon she'll be ours forever.
What a happy day!
I am so very happy for your darling little family! I remember the day Ronnie and his family were sealed! So beautiful! I love you all!
ReplyDeleteI just want to say, "hooray for adoption"! I love those 2 munchkins.
ReplyDeleteYahoo! I'm so excited, what a weight of concern off your shoulders, it's just lovely. I think you should bring your big new forever family to visit us sometime :)
ReplyDeleteso happy for you guys! yeah!!! The best feeling isn't it when its all done and forever!! Your kids are adorable and looks so much alike its crazy {but not so crazy :)
ReplyDelete