This week as I looked at the calendar there were two things I needed to remember.
Both are steps we need to take toward the finalization of our little girl.
Both important.
The problem was I didn't remember one of them....
Monday was Lexi's doctor's appointment.
Check - I got her there just in time.
(sharing a car with hubby is not fun or easy - hopefully we'll remedy that soon)
She's getting HUGE!
We knew that, but now we have the numbers.
She's already up to 11 pounds and 23 inches.
90th percentile for height and weight.
(Sorry big brother, but your sister will probably be taller than you - if you need help dealing with that; check with daddy; he's two inches shorter than one of his sisters)
Thursday was our first post-placement visit;
Only I didn't look at the calendar again all week.
We're in the process of moving my computer to a different part of our room - I had moved my calendar, but not anything else.
Duh.
Blond moment.
Thursday, after being home with the kids all week, I was ready to get out of the house.
We decided to go look at a Civic and then eat at Arbys.
Our post placement visit with the agency social worker was at 4:30.
We had just pulled up at the dealership, 30 minutes away.
At 4:40 I get a call. It looked like Ron was calling me, but then I realized the number was slightly different than his.
"Jessica, this is Morgan Grow, we have an appointment today at 4:30."
Me, "Um, are you at my house right now?"
"Yes."
Me, "Crap. I thought you were going to call. We can be there in 30 minutes, will that still work?"
We rushed home as safely as possible, me grinding my teeth the whole way.
Morgan was both nice and understanding about my forgetfulness.
We paid her $150 to interview us and pass the info on to the state of Utah.
Anything for you, Lexi, anything for you.
Amazing what we go through for these precious little ones, isn't it? But we wouldn't do it, if it weren't worth it. So glad things are moving along for you.
ReplyDelete