This boy is one determined little guy! Or actually we now call him a big boy as he is potty trained!!! Yay! We almost gave up, but he refused to let us quit.
After one particularly horrible day, Daddy told him he was a baby and put him back in diapers.
The next day, after he woke up, he asked me for his underwear again and suddenly he was able to go potty all on his own and without accidents!
Crazy kiddo.
Took about three weeks of multiple accidents per day, but now he's happy, so I'm happy. I think all the candy and treats (he doesn't usually get) are the real reason he's potty trained. I'm not sure what we could have bribed him with if we gave him those things all the time. He couldn't have cared less about getting a sticker. Bubbles for going potty lasted about two days. The big winner is one tiny little starburst (which oddly enough is about the only word this kid can't pronounce - he calls them "wrarbursts").
Success!
He still wears #4 diaper at night -until he wakes up dry for a few days, I'm not ready to tackle that potential mountain of laundry.
He must have been pretty focused on the task of potty training though because our house was super clean for those three weeks. He didn't get into anything. He didn't play with his toys.
Basically all he did all day was pull his underwear up and down (and he had a rash on his bum to prove it - sorry no pictures).
Now that he's mastered the said potty, the house has spewed toys everywhere! Where did we get all these toys????
(oh well, believe me, I'd rather have all the toys all over the floor all the time then deal with #2 accidents for three weeks again. Ew. I don't think anyone ever told me, but potty training is gross - future potty trainers, you've been warned!)
I'm just so glad we have a happy two-year-old again. Dealing with this particular milestone wasn't exactly fun and it's nice to see him happy with himself. He loves accomplishing something and this was one big accomplishment for everyone.
Way to go son, mommy and daddy are proud!
After one particularly horrible day, Daddy told him he was a baby and put him back in diapers.
The next day, after he woke up, he asked me for his underwear again and suddenly he was able to go potty all on his own and without accidents!
Crazy kiddo.
Took about three weeks of multiple accidents per day, but now he's happy, so I'm happy. I think all the candy and treats (he doesn't usually get) are the real reason he's potty trained. I'm not sure what we could have bribed him with if we gave him those things all the time. He couldn't have cared less about getting a sticker. Bubbles for going potty lasted about two days. The big winner is one tiny little starburst (which oddly enough is about the only word this kid can't pronounce - he calls them "wrarbursts").
Success!
He still wears #4 diaper at night -until he wakes up dry for a few days, I'm not ready to tackle that potential mountain of laundry.
He must have been pretty focused on the task of potty training though because our house was super clean for those three weeks. He didn't get into anything. He didn't play with his toys.
Basically all he did all day was pull his underwear up and down (and he had a rash on his bum to prove it - sorry no pictures).
Now that he's mastered the said potty, the house has spewed toys everywhere! Where did we get all these toys????
(oh well, believe me, I'd rather have all the toys all over the floor all the time then deal with #2 accidents for three weeks again. Ew. I don't think anyone ever told me, but potty training is gross - future potty trainers, you've been warned!)
I'm just so glad we have a happy two-year-old again. Dealing with this particular milestone wasn't exactly fun and it's nice to see him happy with himself. He loves accomplishing something and this was one big accomplishment for everyone.
Way to go son, mommy and daddy are proud!
Awesome.
ReplyDeleteI can't say I am super excited about that, but we have a bit longer until that point. :) I may be looking to you for pointers. I have no idea how to potty train a child. I am clueless. :)
Such a cute 27 month old!
Oh-my-super-congrats! Yes, those #2 accidents are disgusting. It's times like that when you're tempted to wonder why you signed up for this business, anyway...but then, they get it, and happiness returns :) Ever so glad your happiness has returned!
ReplyDelete