Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mental Health Day and The Potty Train

my handsome boys

Wednesday we took advantage of the last free zoo day of the year.
It was a much needed mental health day for mommy.
Although by 10:30, ZJ already had a two-year-old fashined breakdown (at the Primates section no less).
That one was cured by feeding him.
The next meltdown was cured by holding him while he wailed.
Oh what fun!
At least that one was at the tigers so I could enjoy those beautiful cats (as much as one can while holding a screaming toddler).

ZJ doing much better and smiling at some random people - not me

Actually we did have fun when he wasn't wailing.
But I'm bummed we didn't even get one picture of Lexi.
She was just so darned good.
She sat in her car seat/stroller the entire time and didn't make a peep!

In potty training related news...

Surprisingly, ZJ had no problem using the public restroom.
The zoo even has a family restroom - which is A+ in my book.
He gleefully went potty for his reward (a hershey's kiss or a starburst) and he had zero accidents.
ZJ and I - he's enjoying that well-earned starburst

We should go to the zoo everyday!!!

ZJ at home doing his "scowl" at me and proudly wearing his halloween shirt - cuz that's what he picked out of the bottom of his closet (where I keep clothes he's out-grown).
At least he's dressed - sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts