Friday, February 11, 2011

You've been holding out on us!


Lexi's birthmother only matched with us 6 weeks ago.
And she'll be 6 weeks old on Monday.
At this point with Zachary, he was still 2 weeks away.
I didn't realize it until we talked to a friend the other day,
but all of our friends and family think we were holding out on them.
They think we were keeping her a secret.
and I think my Mom is still mad at me for it.
I wouldn't put it past me, but that's not what happened.
I promise.  Cross my heart and hope to die.
Stick a thousand needles in my eye.
6 weeks plus 1 day ago I was getting annoyed by all of the BirthMoms who were not picking us.
I was ready to suggest to my sweet wife that 1 was plenty for us.
Boy am I glad I kept my big mouth shut.
Sometimes adoption happens like that.
Stay tuned. Jessica will be publishing the full story soon....

4 comments:

  1. look at that double chin! we want to come see you but I am going to wait a few more weeks until JJ is MUCH better. You DO NOT want RSV in your house!! NOT FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little girl! What an amazing blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arianne - Hope you can come soon! Sorry you've been dealing with all that yucky :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, the BEST adoptions happen the crazy fast way. But that's just my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts