Last week was a great week! We're finally all feeling better and ZJ was an angel. He wasn't getting into everything and he was seriously so adorable.
Friday I had one of those moments when I didn't realize I could love someone soooo much.
It happened when I went into the kitchen and saw this:
To occupy him for a minute, I asked him to put his "friends" (those are stuffies at our house) into "his" drawer (the drawer under the stove I emptied out so he'd have something to play with in the kitchen).
You're probably thinking this is the dullest post you've ever read, but when I looked into that drawer I saw so much more than a pile of my little boy's toys.
I saw:
A dream fulfilled.
An empty house transformed.
Prayers answered.
Hearts changed.
Years of heartache healed.
Love.
Love.
I saw my deepest sorrow turned into my greatest joy!
Some people, who've never adopted, wonder if they could love a child not born to them.
It was never a concern to me.
But what I didn't realize is how powerful that love would be.
It is real.
And it still amazes me.
It was never a concern to me.
But what I didn't realize is how powerful that love would be.
It is real.
And it still amazes me.
Love this post and moments just like these!!
ReplyDelete