Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well...

As you know, yesterday we were scheduled for a conference call with an expecting mother.
Things didn't go as planned, but went exactly as I hoped.
Let me try to explain.
Her coordinator called at 12:30 to say she was going to see this expecting mother for her doctors appointment. She said they would call us afterward.
The coordinator was nice, but I didn't feel excited at all.
Not at all.
I didn't even feel nervous.
No butterflies, no feeling like I was going to throw up.
In fact I felt like I didn't want to talk on the phone with them.
Nothing about it felt right.
Maybe it's hard to understand for those who haven't adopted, but when we heard about Zachary's birthmother I knew we were a good match for her. I knew we should show our profile. I felt really really differently than I did yesterday.
So I guess what I'm saying is I'm sorry to you.
Hopefully I didn't get anyone's hope up for us yet. 
All I was trying to do was get a little excited for a baby boy who would never be ours.
He will find his family, but I know it's not my family.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely understand that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kamie. I don't think a lot of people can understand how someone who wants a baby can say no like this, but it was just out of our control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes total and perfect sense. Heavenly Father knows where that baby needs to end up - and what baby needs to end up with you. The Spirit is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts