I hate that numb feeling that
lingers for like 3 hours after you leave the dentist.
So on Tuesday
I needed to have my temporary crown
replaced with a permanent.
The Dentist offered to try it without Novocain.
Do you know the passage in the Book of Alma
Where he says,
"Nothing was so exquisite as was my pain."
Exquisite pain.
I thought I knew what he meant.
I didn't
I REALLY didn't know.
Now I do.But you know what?
I enjoyed it more than I enjoy adoption.
I know that's pretty negative.
But that's why I have a blog.
To vent.
So that maybe,
just maybe
I can be a little more positive in real life.
lingers for like 3 hours after you leave the dentist.
So on Tuesday
I needed to have my temporary crown
replaced with a permanent.
The Dentist offered to try it without Novocain.
Do you know the passage in the Book of Alma
Where he says,
"Nothing was so exquisite as was my pain."
Exquisite pain.
I thought I knew what he meant.
I didn't
I REALLY didn't know.
Now I do.But you know what?
I enjoyed it more than I enjoy adoption.
I know that's pretty negative.
But that's why I have a blog.
To vent.
So that maybe,
just maybe
I can be a little more positive in real life.
Holy snot. I saw the "without novocain" and my jaw dropped, my eyes widened and I exclaimed a "no!" that had everyone around me ask what happened.
ReplyDeleteI have to have like five shots and laughing gas. I really enjoy numbing any and all pain.
I'm really so sorry the waiting for adoption is sucking )o:
:P That makes me SOOO excited for my dentist appointment next week! They better dope me up good.
ReplyDeleteOuch!
This week? I just might agree with you on the adoption feelings. ARGH.
ReplyDeleteWow. I can't imagine. . .I'm all for the nice numb feeling. As for the adoption front, sometimes we have to find things to "numb" us on the emotional roller coaster. Try shopping. . .OK, tell Jessica to tey shopping. lol
ReplyDeleteI have been trying to post a comment all week. I don't really know you, but have loved reading your blog. I find myself constantly rooting for you, checking regularly hoping that your miracle has finally found their way into your home.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about the pain (dental and adoption). I unfortunately I know both, and have to agree, Adoption is much more painful. I am here to tell you though, the joy far outweighs the pain. The pain never completely goes away, but the joy overshadows it.
Hang in there! Know that there are random people out there hoping and rooting for you!