100 Posts ago
We knew very little about adopting.
We thought we'd find our baby fast!
We didn't know very much about birthmothers.
We were kind of scared about open adoption.
We weren't sure how we'd afford to have a baby on one income.
We had no idea how many amazing people are hoping to adopt.
We didn't know how to talk to our family about adoption.
We didn't know how to ask people to help us find our baby.
We didn't really want to ask anyone for help.
We thought LDSFS was there to help us find a baby. (more on that topic soon)
We thought our family and friends would automatically know how to help us find our baby.
Looking back there are things we probably would have done differently.
And even though we have grown in the past year & a half, our hope is still the same...
We hope to find our baby and we don't really care how it happens.
We're also glad we're on this journey because when we finally do find our baby (or twins!) it will be so much sweeter after tasting all this bitter.
Wouldn't twins be the best? I think it is ever adoptive parent's dream...although when I cared for 2 newborns at one time I thought "man, this stinks, big time!" Maybe it would be different if they both belonged to you and you had no choice.
ReplyDeleteHappy 100th post. I love reading your blog because I know that someday you are going to be over the moon in love and think all the waiting was worth it and would be willing to do it all over again for your precious little one!
Beautiful post. It has been so nice to be with you on this journey...I feel so lucky to have met you in the beginning of it. I can't wait to photograph your sealing day! I hope that is soon.
ReplyDelete