In October General Conference, President Nelson gave what he called a "Plea to My Sisters." He said, "We need your strength, your conversion, your conviction, your ability to lead, your wisdom, and your voices."
My voice has been silenced too long. Silenced by pride, by discouragement, by emotion, by the enemy to all. But God is good! He is full of patience and He is calling to my spirit to speak the truth. I love Him! While I don't profess to wisdom, I do know the source of all wisdom, all goodness and all truth. During the past year especially I have been on a road to healing and restoration. Let me tell you, it is not easy! But with every difficult journey comes the realization that it is all worth it. He is worth it! Knowing God and knowing Jesus is always worth it. Every trial I've had in my life has brought me closer to them. Every single one! That is something I can rejoice in. While my life isn't what I thought it would be, it is everything I need it to be. It's time I speak more gratitude to my Heavenly Father. He planted that good seed, that seed of faith, in me. He converted me. He convicted me. He leads me. He gives wisdom, strength and a voice to the weak. Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
So I am casting off the chains of doubt. I hear the call and I'm ready to sound the trumpet of truth. The truth is Jesus Christ. He is the way and the truth and the life (John 14:16).
President Nelson said, "So today I plead with my sisters of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints to step forward! Take your rightful and needful
place in your home, in your community, and in the kingdom of God—more
than you ever have before. I plead with you to fulfill President
Kimball’s prophecy. And I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that
as you do so, the Holy Ghost will magnify your influence in an unprecedented way!"
I'm stepping up to these promises. The work of the Lord is hastening. I choose His side for He is always right.
With love, Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment