Saturday, October 31, 2015

Building Faith That Moves Mountains

The most powerful faith building experiences for me, besides the day I moved from a believer to knowing without doubt I  have a testimony; have been in living my daily life. Things that are almost unexplainable to others. Things that touch me personally and leave me knowing and feeling the hand of an all-knowing, loving Father in my life. Small and simple things.

For example: Just prior to Ron's company beginning the work-from-home position, we were looking at buying a second car. It never worked out. Within weeks after feeling like it wasn't the right time to buy a car, he started working from home.  That car would have just parked in the garage most of the time wasting money.

Another experience like this happened when we cultivated a desire to buy a utility vehicle just for fun. We've always enjoyed riding 4-wheelers and we owned one for a short time when it was just the two of us. I found the perfect one in an online ad and we headed over to the bank to get the money. I had Ron call the seller again from the bank to tell him we were getting the money and coming over to buy it when the seller told us we were too late - it was already sold. As I told the banker "nevermind," she said to me "it wasn't meant to be." I felt a little frustrated by her comment actually. Who was she to tell me what was meant to be and what wasn't? About a week later we got the phone call from Amanda telling us she was pregnant again and asking us to be the parents of Lexi's sibling. God had plans for that money and it was way more important than a UTV.

These things might all sound like coincidence to you because each of these experiences required me to act or not act and thus build my faith. Does God care if we buy a second car or a UTV? Maybe. Maybe not. But I can tell you He cares about me and His plan for me. When my life has felt out-of-control - it never has been. When I have felt frustrated by dead ends and shut doors; He has shown me a better way through. My life is not perfect, but it is mine and He knows exactly how to speak to me. Sometimes I wish I could see things the way He sees them. Most of all, I wish I was willing to listen to Him every time without fail. He is always right and He is always good. We just need to get our plans out of the way of His plans.

With love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts