I grew up in a family who went to church regularly. However, I remember walking to church as a family one Sunday to find it was
Stake Conference and we quickly returned home. Later on my parents divorced and church took a back seat to life. I was inactive in my teens, although I went to
girl's camp and
Seminary. I wanted to believe the gospel was true, but I had many questions. I graduated High School and headed to Snow College. I didn't plan on going to church, but ended up with a roommate who was on the
Institute Council. The first Sunday came and I just wanted to sleep in. My roommate wouldn't have it! She told me I was going to church, so I did. I also signed up for
Institute (religion classes). The next school year I was roommates with this same girl, but all the other girls were new (there were six of us per apartment). There was a lot of drama! After many months of trying to be a peacemaker, I just couldn't take it anymore.
One Sunday, after church, I went for a walk by myself. I had no "destination" in mind; I wanted peace and quiet. As I walked along I looked to the sky and stopped in my tracks. Suddenly the clouds formed into a rainbow that reached from mountain top to mountain top. And the Holy Spirit spoke to my spirit and told me, "It is true." God is real, Jesus is real. I am loved. In the middle of Ephraim, Utah, He knew me! I knew it as sure as I can see my own hand, that Heaven is real. My spirit felt like it wanted to run to the top of the mountain and proclaim the truth to everyone! I was converted and soon received my
Patriarchal Blessing. I started on the path and the fire of the Holy Spirit gave me an eternal perspective. Although things didn't improve in our apartment; I knew God loved me and it was enough.
 |
| https://www.pinterest.com/tammyjoramby/cloud-formations-of-jesus-christ/ |
No comments:
Post a Comment