Remember this post?
I sure do.
Funny the things we "planned".
Funny the things we "planned".
Who would've thought we'd have two babies (Lexi and baby #3 due in June) join our family all because I read a blog post and acted quickly on an adoption situation?
I sure didn't!
But I can think of no greater compliment than to be chosen again by Lexi's birthmother.
Truly God has heard our two years solid of prayers while we had no children!
Tomorrow afternoon is our intake interview and we seriously get started on all the paperwork we need to do. So far we've each gone to the doctor and received our physical exams. There's still plenty left to do - probably most importantly we need to get started on our background clearances. Those could definitely take a few weeks. And we have to fill out some questionnaires. We have a new caseworker this time so hopefully all will go smoothly.
We still haven't heard whether Amanda has been able to reschedule her sonogram appointment.
That gives me a little bit longer to tease Ron that it could be twins this time.
We even had another "sign".
At church today I had a new Sunbeam (3-year-old) join the class I teach...
She has twin sisters.
What are the odds of twins?
I checked with trusty old Google and found generally speaking there's about a 3 in 100 chance of having twins. Not too shabby if you ask me!
I sure didn't!
But I can think of no greater compliment than to be chosen again by Lexi's birthmother.
Truly God has heard our two years solid of prayers while we had no children!
Tomorrow afternoon is our intake interview and we seriously get started on all the paperwork we need to do. So far we've each gone to the doctor and received our physical exams. There's still plenty left to do - probably most importantly we need to get started on our background clearances. Those could definitely take a few weeks. And we have to fill out some questionnaires. We have a new caseworker this time so hopefully all will go smoothly.
We still haven't heard whether Amanda has been able to reschedule her sonogram appointment.
That gives me a little bit longer to tease Ron that it could be twins this time.
We even had another "sign".
At church today I had a new Sunbeam (3-year-old) join the class I teach...
She has twin sisters.
What are the odds of twins?
I checked with trusty old Google and found generally speaking there's about a 3 in 100 chance of having twins. Not too shabby if you ask me!
Funny.. we also saw a blog post on the same blog about an adoption situation that we ended up being matched with and that is how Paige joined our family! What agency are you guys using for this adoption?
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie! We're able to go thru LDSFS this time and they've approved us to pay extra expenses. We're excited!
ReplyDelete