Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Latest Randomness & TIPS

These two are getting to be MUCH easier to manage.

Phew.
I didn't know how we were going to make it.
Obvisously we're still dealing with the usual toddler issues, but we're definitely past the demanding newborn schedule. That makes parenting two a lot easier now. Newborn babies are a huge, but wonderful adjustment!
...

Anyway, being a frugal girl myself, and knowing frugal girls read this blog - I thought I'd share my current favorite blog:
We've been reading for a few weeks now and seriously went to the grocery store the other day and left with 20 of the 16 oz. size pastas for ZERO dollars!!! We also bought a 6-pack of bottled Snapple for $4.99 on sale, used a $1 off coupon and will be mailing in a rebate to Snapple to get all our money back! Have I told you - free is my favorite price!

I'm also looking at using http://bountifulbaskets.org/ for my next produce purchase. I haven't ever worried about grocery money, but feeding a bigger family has given me a desire to start saving in that area, too. Plus I'm always interested in buying local food so it seems like a win-win.

Any tips you find useful??? I'd love to hear them!

Another thing I LOVE is a good deal on new clothing. We rarely buy clothes if it's not in the clearance section. Now that we have a girl - and clothes are a lot more complicated for girls - I'm even more conscientious about it. One day I was sorting thru Lexi's clothes and I realized that size 3-6 month dresses look exactly the same as 2T and 3T shirts. So I tested my theory. We went to JC Penney and found an adorable 2T shirt on clearance for about $4. I put it on her the other day and VOILA! Something she can wear now AND later - and tell me where I can buy a dress like this for $4??? She's cute!

Speaking of Lexi - I thought for sure she was going to dive right into eating. She's been watching us closely while we eat and she is a good eater. I thought for sure she would LOVE rice cereal.
Well I think the pictures speak for themselves:


I hope she forgives us someday.

It's not torture, honey, we promise!

Then in ZJ news - he's had this horrible rash around his mouth for the past few months. I searched around on the Internet and figured it's from drool - getting two year old molars or something. So we put medicine on it and it goes away. Unfortunately it keeps coming back. I hope it goes away in time for our family photos in July!!!
Still, he's very handsome.

I just love playing with my two kiddos all day. Sure it's an up and down kind of job with very little *pay* but it's still the best job I've ever had.

5 comments:

  1. such a cute family you have!!

    we have been doing bountiful baskets for about a year and a half and we love it. we eat a lot more fresh fruits and veggies and we save a lot of money. I also love that we try things that we never would have otherwise. Love it, love it.

    This website is kind of fun too. http://freebies2deals.com/ I get lots of free samples, which is fun. There are a lot of clothes bargains here and there too. She also posts about coupons.

    isn't so great being home with your kids?

    Lexi is so cute. They are both growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 year ols has the EXACT same rash and he has for about month. We can not get rid of it! If you find something let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about rashes around the mouth! I always worried it was food allergy related, so I asked our allergist. She said some kids have sensitive skin, so if they eat certain foods (acidic ones) they will develope a rash wherever the food touches their skin. This could happen with lots of foods like oranges, tomato sauce, ketchup, etc. The doc told us to wipe their face immediately when it gets food on it. A pain, but it works. Not all foods cause the rash, so hopefully you'll be able to figure out the triggers. Bummer! And, CUTE pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kamie - I read that one too!
    Amanda & K - We'll try washing his face quicker; he does eat a lot of red sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Bountiful Baskets! So much that I opened a site at Kearns Rec Center... you should try it out :)

    I just started getting our diapers at Amazon.com - I love to do coupons, but there hasn't been any great diaper deals lately. We prefer Huggies on our sensitive baby's bum. You join the mom's club to get 30% off and they'll ship 'em to you free when you sign up for auto delivery. So, once a month I'll get a box of 140 (size 4, don't know the count for smaller sizes) for only $21! That's the cheapest I've found for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts