Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Friday the 13th.

Warning:  Gripe Post
if you want something positive wait for Jessica to post again.
I arrived in my lovely little downstairs office in time to start work.
I hadn't even taken a call when my Internet connection dropped and I had to reboot.
Then I get an "Important System Update" from corporate.
Don't worry, it was a real update.  I'm not THAT dumb.
Now my computer won't reboot.
I called Tech Support:
"hmmm.  Must have been corrupted.  Bring in the computer so we can wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything."
So I had to commute to work.
I though we need some groceries.  I'll got to Costco on the way home when I get off at 3:15
3:00:  Ring ring,
Hello, this is Ron, how can I help you???
Please let it be an easy one so I can go home.
Hi, I'd like some help cashing in my points for flights on Lufthansa.
Ok.  that's not so bad.  Should only take me a couple of minutes.
Sorry, you don't have enough points.
3:17 (remember I get off at 3:15)
Can you do a conference call with USAIR to check their availability.
3:30, no availability  What about Air Canada?
3:56 still waiting for Air Canada to answer the %$#%^# phone.
4:09 Finally, no availability for Air Canada
4:30 Thanks.  Bye
.........
4:35 Documenting call.  Caught a mistake from previous associate.  Now I'm back on the phone with the airlines.  Remember how I'm off at 3:15?

5:15.  [Company name Deleted] can take this job and shove it.
At least till Monday


2 comments:

  1. Not cool, Marriott. Not cool.

    (it's about time you posted something) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she sent a nice compliment to my manager.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts