Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ho Ho H.... Oh Snap!

This is the first year ZJ is excited about Christmas. His first Christmas he was only eight days old, and last year he liked everything, but this year he's starting to "get it".
It's been sooo fun!
We'll be going somewhere in the car and suddenly he'll say, "Mommy, I love Christmas."
Granted he says that about a lot of other things too, like, "Mommy, I love socks," but he truly means it all the same.
Anyway, we've been trying to get him ready for his first encounter with Santa this year by talking about the Jolly Guy once in a while.
Usually ZJ calls him "Ho, Ho" - possibly because we've been singing the Rudolph song.
So I haven't been too worried about him crying on Santa's lap or anything like that.
Well, last night was the moment of truth to see if we'd prepared him well enough. We waited probably about 1 1/2 hours (measured by the fact that The Grinch Who Stole Christmas played about three times) to see Mr. Ho Ho. We'd seen practically every child in our ward sit on his lap. Finally it was ZJ's turn and he most definitely didn't want to sit on that guy's lap!
Fortunately, Santa is a smart fellow and he has a few tricks in his  jolly red bag.

Santa asking ZJ if he wants to ring the Jingle Bells.
But, ZJ was still not really sure about this guy.
So I told him if he sat on Santa's lap he'd get a candy cane.
I'm pretty sure ZJ's giving him the stink-eye in this one:

Well, ZJ got what he wanted; the candy cane is in-hand. See ya next year Mr. Ho Ho! Don't forget to bring the candy!

1 comment:

Related Posts