Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Voting Results

Here are the top two winners and what I think, both highs and lows, about using one or the other. Tell us what you think in the comments!

I've enlarged it to approximately what it will look like when our mini photo is clicked on the http://www.itsaboutlove.org/ search page (once our profile is actually approved by LDSFS). See this post about the mini photo.

Photo #3
This photo received the most votes: 9.
I love how Mrs. R. of http://www.therhouse.blogspot.com/ shot this candid moment. She captured exactly how we felt that day. We were so elated! And I love how white our teeth look --- oh, yeah! The only thing I can't decide about this one is it is almost one year old and it's in black and white. I also don't want to choose this photo simply because I remember how perfect that day was. I want to pick it because it will do the best job showing our family. Perhaps it is the best choice.
Or maybe it's...
Photo #5
This photo received 7 votes.
I like it because it's a recent picture taken by http://www.katejeppson.com/.
She wanted to help out people hoping to adopt and did a short photo session for free. It was a tough day to get Zachary smiling, but somehow she managed to get this photo of a small smile. I love how handsome my boys are, especially Zachary in his new suit & tie. I love the pose. But it is definitely a posed photo. I'm not sure how well it will stand out as our primary photo. Then again maybe it is the best one.

These are some of the thoughts running through my head. Choosing a good photo is so critical. The mini photo especially.

Thanks for your input during this process!
Feel free to give us more feedback on these larger photos.

5 comments:

  1. Two great choices in my opinion! I tend to lean toward candid photos, so I really like the first one. But the second one is also a really good one of your family, and is more recent of ZJ. You can't go wrong with either! :)
    BTW, I love Kate! She's a good friend of mine from the college days & she shot my wedding as well as B's first baby pics. What a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Given the choice of the two, I like photo #3 a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo # 3 is the best !! I think it does show your love for the little guy more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to vote for #3 again! I just love the candidness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a tough choice because they are both amazing shots! The b/w one is good because it stands out as different in color and pose. but the Easter one has great fresh colors and it is current which might make adifference at first glance to know how old Zack is now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts