When our flight landed in SLC after nearly 10 hours of travel time - I was so realived. Flying doesn't bother Ron much, but I get anxious. I worry. What if something happened to us and we never came home? I worry too much.
It's also a mixture of emotions flying home to see my big kids and introduce their new sister. I missed them and I knew they missed us too. I was especially worried about Lexi since she's too young to understand where we were that whole time. ZJ understood, but he had missed us a lot, too.
Grandpa picked us up at the AP and drove us home....
Ron walked in the door and grandma was just walking past with Lexi - Lexi's eyes got really big and surprised and Ron grabbed her in the biggest hug. We went upstairs and just squeezed her and told her how much we loved her and missed her while we were gone. She was all smiles. ZJ was finishing up his nap so we woke him up and he gave me a big hug and told me he how much he missed us. His chin quivered and he was about to cry. I told him we weren't going to leave that long again and hugged him again and again and again and again...
Here are the pictures introducing Kenzie to her family....A picture is worth 1000 words...or more:
Lexi just kept going from Ron's lap to my lap to Ron's lap to my lap. I think she thought we weren't ever coming back home.
ZJ was especially sweet with Kenzie. He kept saying, "Look how tiny she is" and "Her hands are sooo tiny" or "Her feet are sooo tiny" or "She's sooo small". Then he'd tell Lexi, "Be soft, honey". "Touch her soft". It's the cutest thing ever!!! This baby is so loved :)
Awww- these pictures made me teary! So good to see the happy homecoming after all the frustrating waiting. You have a beautiful family and your kids are darling- all three of them!
ReplyDeleteI love this whole post! That last picture is especially precious. What an absolutely adorable little sweetheart.
ReplyDelete